The Conscious Mind is where we spend most of our time, but it is actually the weakest part of our mind. The Conscious Mind is the rational, analytical part of the mind. It’s the thinking, judging part of the mind. Humans must have a reason for everything.
The Subconscious Mind is the most powerful part of our mind. This is the part of our mind that is in control and that will help you to achieve your goals. The Subconscious Mind is the part of the mind that we work with in hypnosis; this is where our imagination is stored.
Conscious mind versus subconscious mind
- Takes control over logical and intellectual processes.
- Decision making, planning, communication through language and skills of organization are controlled by conscious mind
- Does not depend on the accessible information
- Can be aware of both internal and mental functions and external happenings
- Mainly has the control over physical functions
- Breathing and digestion, memory, feelings, emotions, beliefs, attitude and gut instincts are controlled by subconscious mind
- Depend only on the accessible information
- Not aware of both internal mental functions and external happenings